Shelties Adoptables
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About Specialties

Go down

About Specialties Empty About Specialties

Post  Admin Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:31 pm

Welcome to the newest aspect of the Sheltie World!

Every two weeks, I will launch a new Specialty Show! Specialties are breed specific shows that allow you a chance to showcase your Shelties. I will have an impartial "judge" select winners each week. You will receive a rosette based on your win and sometimes even points toward your championship.

With each specialty, I will open entries for the first week, and you are encouraged to RP your preparation attempts. In the second week, the classes will be assembled and you will have a chance to "show" your dog in a basic RP format. At the end of the week, each class will receive a placements of first, second, third, and fourth. First place will go on to compete for Winners Male or Winners Female, and from there, to Best of Breed.

Once your dog has achieved 15 points he or she becomes a "Champion" and can compete in the Specials Ring, bypassing the classes to compete directly for Best In Specialty.

The winner of Best in Specialty will receive ONE BEST OF BREED ribbon.

Dogs will be judged based on their preparation and presentation (all in RP style). As the Show Superintendent, I will occasionally introduce unexpected surprises into the ring, and entrants should be prepared to react appropriately. We will be looking for realistic and reasonable responses to such situations.

See below for classes and tips.

Admin
Admin

https://shelties.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

About Specialties Empty Classes & Entry Forms

Post  Admin Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:37 pm

Entry Forms

Please complete the form FULLY and post it IN BOLD in the current Specialty entries thread. A closing date will be listed in the thread. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted.

Entry Form
Dog's Name:
ID:
Owner:
Class:

Specialty Classes

**For now, ALL Shelties currently distributed should be showing in the Open Classes. I will open up other classes as the game progresses**

Junior Puppy
Senior Puppy
12-18 Month
Bred By Exhibitor
Open Black
Open Sable
Open Blue
Open Any Other Colour

Specials

Special Classes (will be opened later)

Stud Dog & Get
Brood Bitch & Progeny
Brace
[u]

Last edited by Admin on Thu May 01, 2008 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

About Specialties Empty Points & Awards

Post  Admin Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:48 pm

What fun is a show without prizes?

Each class will be placed first, second, third, and, fourth and those dogs will receive rosettes in their exercise pens.

First - Blue
Second - Red
Third - Yellow
Fourth - White

First place will go on to compete for Winners Male or Female. The dog that receives Winners will also be awarded points based on the number of dogs competing.

Dogs Competing Points Awarded
1 0
2 1
3-5 2
6-9 3
10-12 4
13+ 5

The dogs not selected as Winners, and the second place dog from the Winners' class will then compete for Reserve Winners. In the event that the Winners award is revoked, it will be awarded to the Reserve Winner.

Winners Male and Winners Female then go on to compete for Best of Breed, Best of Opposite Sex, and Best of Winners. Whichever dog takes Best of Winners will receive points based on the total number of dogs defeated, according to the above scale. Dogs cannot receive more than five (5) points in any given show.

To obtain a CHAMPIONSHIP, a dog must receive fifteen (15) points in at least three different shows. When they obtain a championship, they will receive a special Championship certificate and be eligible to compete in the Specials class.

About Specialties Championblank

Any dog winning Best of Breed will be considered to be a Best in Specialty Show (BISS) winner, and will receive a suitable certificate.

Last edited by Admin on Thu May 01, 2008 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

About Specialties Empty Tips & Hints

Post  Admin Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:53 pm

** RPs will be judged based on completeness, accuracy, and realism. To that end, I encourage you to learn as much as you can about preparing and showing Shelties, including grooming and training. You also need to learn about Sheltie temperaments, so you know how they might react to certain situations.

** Read the introduction each session. It provides information about what your judge likes, what the venue is like, any potential problems you might face, and other tips.

** I will ask especially successful owner/handlers to host "clinics" for other players.

** If you find your Sheltie isn't winning, you might want to ask another player to RP or "handle" it for you, but watch the introduction. You don't want to put your dog with a handler under a judge who does not like handlers.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

About Specialties Empty Re: About Specialties

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum